Your auto insurance rate is based on a variety of factors such as driving records, where you live, and the kind of car you drive. There are many discounts that are offered to keep those rates from sky rocketing! Discounts for an anti-theft system, miles driven, owning / renting a property or going green can help keep your premium low! Ask one of our family agents about which insurance discounts you may be eligible for!
By understanding the coverage areas provided on an auto insurance policy, you will be able to understand the recommendations for each that are given, such as:
- Bodily Injury Liability – Coverage that is provided for an individual injured in an auto accident.
- Property Damage Liability- Coverage that is provided for damage done to another person’s property. Most often this is for another vehicle but can also cover your liability for houses, garages and most anything else that is considered property of another.
- Uninsured / Underinsured Motorist – Coverage that will pay you or others in your vehicle for the injuries caused by an individual who is uninsured or underinsured.
- Personal Injury Protection – Also known as “PIP Coverage” covers you for your medical payments, lost wages and replacement services no matter who is at fault in the accident. This covers all passengers in your vehicle as well as pedestrians.
- Collision – This will provide coverage for your vehicle when it collides with another vehicle or object.
- Comprehensive – Provides coverage for damage done to your vehicle by anything other than a collision. (i.e. windshield damage, fire, theft or vandalism)
- Other Coverage such as Rental Car, Towing, and Labor